Skip to main content

THE WAITING GAME ( WHO MAKES THE FIRST CALL)

 One of problems associated with a bad friendship, heartbreak or betrayal is the act of getting defensive and sensitive, there by Losing the naivety that makes you open minded.


We start to care about not being treated the same way, even when it's glaring that the situation is different and it's a new person.

Every move is questioned.

What is the motive behind the compliment?

Am I doing too much?

Maybe I should wait for the first message?

The above keeps ringing inside your head.


The crazy thing is a part of you justifies this supposed metal awareness, you validate every curiosity with " protecting your heart".

And then it becomes obvious in the long run that the other party too feels this way.

Who breaks the ice?

When two people have the same conditioning, who is willing to be the bigger person?


The genuine dove-like attitude becomes lost in the game, it becomes stressful to bond.

Your mind tricks you to find an escape route even before getting locked up.

Quick sex and money becomes the bargaining chip!

It's absurd that when a relationship ends, the first consolation is what was obtained in the transaction ( mostly sex and money).


There's the lack of accountability.

Zero positives!

Then the blame game starts,

A part of you says " I knew it would end abruptly, that's why I didn't give it my best shot".

At least we had sex and I got money, so I'm not on the losing side.


Why do we equate sex and money to a win?

Maybe if you were more honest and intentional it would turn out differently.

It's all about mentality shift, going into a relationship with the mindset of sharing and impacting, not the expectation of what is in it for you.

Genuine desire cannot be negotiated.

Our consolation should come from a place where I did my best but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.


But can we really blame someone who refuses to start and participate in a game , instead of playing with uncertainty.

Just maybe the first call would actually rob you of your powers to walk away when it gets tough.

Just maybe the first call opens you to a  vulnerability that would cost your peace and sanity.

Emphasis on " maybe".

Assumption is never clarity and it's a two edged sword.

What if it goes your way and what if it doesn't?


I guess we will never know!

Make the first call today and learn to pour in, if ever your values are threatened in any way then you can leave with your shoulder up and blurt out" I gave it my best shot".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAN A GOOD GIRLFRIEND CHEAT? HOW TO HANDLE IT

Time and time over it keeps happening, Men cannot handle a cheating woman despite the knowledge that a large percentage of women cheat. The average man is more concerned about ego instead of how he's been treated. Do I think cheating is bad? Definitely  Do I encourage cheating women? No This article is focused on paying attention and receiving the best of affection from women, rather than finding solace in exclusive loyalty which is very rare. In the context of this conversation( a good girlfriend) is someone who puts you first, cooks and cares for you, motivates and assists you in a way that the average girl doesn't. Now the question beckons, why should I throw all of these attributes and genuine affection away because of who a woman fucks or makes out with? Reality is that the average woman cheats and somehow most Men think theirs is a Saint. So whose babe are other men fucking?!! Isn't it laughable and quite delusional. Men need to realize that only in marriage should ch...

" GO AND MARRY" AS A YARDSTICK FOR FAILURE.

 When you pay attention to the intent of a word of advice, then you can gauge if it's from a place of care, concern or disguised mockery. The " Go and marry" tag falls in line with the disguised mockery often packaged as a genuine concern. Age, finance and status are mostly the determinant of these fallacious shows of sportsmanship as it is always a subtle way to remind you of your decline. Rarely does happiness, companionship or even peace of mind be considered as a criteria for the supposed " Go and marry" advice. Isn't it surprising that if there is a refusal on your part to cling onto the marriage ship, they throw in a subtle jibe and undertone caricature, reminding you of your anticipated decline and risk of losing out in life. Every other achievement is discarded and you are faced with multiple reasons why you are on your way to doom. Then the game starts, Pressure from onlookers Constant reminder of your lack of purpose (marriage wise) Subtle jibe and...