Oh my God!, did you see the car he bought her,
Did you see the money bouquet,
The ring, the diamond, the food, the clothes
He/she is so intentional!
Then the infamous quote rings out loud " an intentional Man/ intentional woman".
With a sprinkle of " awwwn" serenading the atmosphere.
So cute I guess?
Is this truly what intentionality entails or just a way of seeking validation and urging our transactional instincts to survive!
The silence is deafening.......
It's mostly particular with women who attach intentionality to a good deed done by a Man and somehow convince other women ( herd mentality) to put up a standard of receiving expensive gifts as a show of true intent.
But when it comes to an actual moment of intentionality, there is a sudden shift from accountability to uncertainty.
Can I get your number? No I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend or girlfriend.
Can I buy you lunch? No I'm sorry, my partner won't like that
Can you wake up late to make your Man food?
Can you help your woman clean when she's tired?
Can you reject a supposed better offer in favor of your partner?
Can you post a picture of your partner with captions that leaves no room for uncertainty?
I'm sure your response is far from No!
I will let you put up your desired answer to fit whatever narrative you have in your mind.
Or does intentionality only mean receiving gifts and favors?
We have bastardized the idea of intentionality and it's worrisome because the younger general is taking a cue from the ridiculous show offs and validation seeking in the name of genuine intentions.
One of my favorite quotes by Corey Wayne is" Going into a relationship with the hope of giving and not what you are willing to receive".
Think about it!
Comments