Skip to main content

CHANGE YOUR AUDIENCE

  

How do you measure success outside of your terrain?, Especially when it is something you had considered abstract, weird or even an outright waste of time 

I had one of the most humbling experiences in recent time. I represented my boss at an event called the readathon 2.0. My idea behind the gathering was simply to read and probably see people dress bougie and decent to depict a supposed imagery that connotes "responsible".

Truth be told this is the kind of atmosphere I consider boring based off the kind of audience I am used to( football, party and night outs). The first thing that stood out for me when I got in was seeing faces that I never assumed were in the same city as me. Then it dawned on me, this people exist for what they consider "important" to themselves, i doubt most of them were club and party freaks( there's always exceptions). In the same vein I didn't see any of my regular faces in that space.  

Now to the most interesting part, the atmosphere oozed responsible and class, I immediately felt out of place considering that I had to sit in the front roll alongside other prominent guests. My outfit felt out of place ( maybe I am overthinking it), but I was pleasantly impressed by how different the environment was. 

Few hours into the event, we had a few minutes set aside for networking and that my friend changed my thought process!. Luckily for me I sat in between two interesting personalities in the name of Dr osas and Ogbo Awoke. The latter is easily one of the most humble persona I have met in my life, soft spoken, empathetic and kind. I saw him help a little girl struggling with stage fright. I pitched the idea of coming to our podcast with him and then we had a little chit chat. He told me he had about 600 clients from around the world who he coaches on financial literacy and stocks(paid), sounds basic right? We exchange contacts and then i decided to look him up on the Internet and I was marvelled(you should look him up too). I will come back to my realisation in a minute. 

Now to the former and the main reason for this article, Dr osas. He was the lead speaker for the event, to be honest I wasn't really paying attention to his lecture as I was exhausted, hungry and zoned out. And then he said something that would live with me for the rest of my life. He owns an elite book club where people pay him money to hold them accountable to read books.What!!!!!

You mean you can make money from something that flimsy and outrageous??!! Then it clicked " audience ", it was all about finding the right audience. Value attracts and people will pay for something they consider valuable. By being an outlier that is very good at something, you can sell the uniqueness to an audience tailor made for you. 

On the flip side these are men i would never have met if I didn't stumble on that event by chance, to be honest I would have declined if I had a choice. Think about it, we have over 240 million people in Nigeria based on estimation and on average we barely know few thousands, what do you think the remaining people do? It means you only see what is in front of you. Simply put " if your audience cannot change you, change your audience "


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CAN A GOOD GIRLFRIEND CHEAT? HOW TO HANDLE IT

Time and time over it keeps happening, Men cannot handle a cheating woman despite the knowledge that a large percentage of women cheat. The average man is more concerned about ego instead of how he's been treated. Do I think cheating is bad? Definitely  Do I encourage cheating women? No This article is focused on paying attention and receiving the best of affection from women, rather than finding solace in exclusive loyalty which is very rare. In the context of this conversation( a good girlfriend) is someone who puts you first, cooks and cares for you, motivates and assists you in a way that the average girl doesn't. Now the question beckons, why should I throw all of these attributes and genuine affection away because of who a woman fucks or makes out with? Reality is that the average woman cheats and somehow most Men think theirs is a Saint. So whose babe are other men fucking?!! Isn't it laughable and quite delusional. Men need to realize that only in marriage should ch...

" GO AND MARRY" AS A YARDSTICK FOR FAILURE.

 When you pay attention to the intent of a word of advice, then you can gauge if it's from a place of care, concern or disguised mockery. The " Go and marry" tag falls in line with the disguised mockery often packaged as a genuine concern. Age, finance and status are mostly the determinant of these fallacious shows of sportsmanship as it is always a subtle way to remind you of your decline. Rarely does happiness, companionship or even peace of mind be considered as a criteria for the supposed " Go and marry" advice. Isn't it surprising that if there is a refusal on your part to cling onto the marriage ship, they throw in a subtle jibe and undertone caricature, reminding you of your anticipated decline and risk of losing out in life. Every other achievement is discarded and you are faced with multiple reasons why you are on your way to doom. Then the game starts, Pressure from onlookers Constant reminder of your lack of purpose (marriage wise) Subtle jibe and...

THE WAITING GAME ( WHO MAKES THE FIRST CALL)

 One of problems associated with a bad friendship, heartbreak or betrayal is the act of getting defensive and sensitive, there by Losing the naivety that makes you open minded. We start to care about not being treated the same way, even when it's glaring that the situation is different and it's a new person. Every move is questioned. What is the motive behind the compliment? Am I doing too much? Maybe I should wait for the first message? The above keeps ringing inside your head. The crazy thing is a part of you justifies this supposed metal awareness, you validate every curiosity with " protecting your heart". And then it becomes obvious in the long run that the other party too feels this way. Who breaks the ice? When two people have the same conditioning, who is willing to be the bigger person? The genuine dove-like attitude becomes lost in the game, it becomes stressful to bond. Your mind tricks you to find an escape route even before getting locked up. Quick sex an...