It's always in the mind first. Every thought, decision, and idea is first ingrained in our mind, after which it translates into a choice box somewhere in our brain. We weigh the risks, likability, and interest levels, and we reach a conclusion to act or not.
In between all of the above processes is a safe lock (the mindset). It serves as the fuel that transitions the processed information into a loop of uncertainty or clarity. The mindset is also independent of influence. It only projects what is given unto it. That's why it's extremely important to feed it positively, as against being pessimistic.
Let me give a practical analogy. Except on rare occasions, the actor in a movie, the protagonist, will always win irrespective of whatever is thrown at it by the antagonist. Somewhere in my subconscious I already have it ingrained that the actor will always defeat the boss, a local palanche, no matter how disadvantaged he is. Even when it's clear beyond every reasonable doubt that the actor is in a precarious position, the knowledge of his eventful emergence fills me with the "it's just a matter of time". Now that is called a mindset shift.
Another example: a myth about my grandmother signing a pact of long life with a deity. That therefore means that no one in the family would die untimely. It gives me strength even in the face of death. That is not to say I would intentionally put myself in the face of harm, but that little mental conviction is the slight edge I carry around.
Bring it down to my goals and life ambitions. By the virtue of knowing that the actor always wins, I never focus on the defeats, mistakes, fuck ups, and tribulations. I already believe that I would win at last.
You have to cultivate a mindset that is unshakeable! Even if there's a chance the actor loses, the universe will consider the boss lucky and groan at such anomaly, albeit subtly.
Comments